Affordable, Accessible, Integrated Healthcare
SIHF Healthcare believes everyone should have access to quality care regardless of their ability to pay. SIHF Healthcare strives to be your Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) – where your healthcare is our primary focus.
As a patient at SIHF Healthcare, you’ll have a dedicated, on-going relationship with a primary care provider. He or she will help you get to where you need to be both physically and mentally. Your provider leads a team that takes responsibility for providing healthcare for you that is personalized, comprehensive, compassionate and efficient.
We accept most insurance plans and offer a sliding fee scale so that everyone has access to quality care. We also strive to make healthcare accessible to all by offering Health Centers in various communities, large and small, so that more people have quality, affordable care close to home.
Our Dedication to Integrated Care
SIHF Healthcare offers a lineup of primary care services across our network, including internal medicine, family medicine, obstetrics and gynecology, pediatrics, dental, and behavioral health, to protect both your physical and mental health. Many of our locations offer all these services at one site for greater convenience.
People achieving their highest quality of life.
Lead individuals and communities to their healthiest lifestyle by providing a coordinated network of health and supportive services.
For each of us to collectively reflect our values each and every day in the pursuit for better health and lives of those we serve, work with, and live among.
SERVICE [Embody our Service Commitments with every word spoken and action taken.]
- Acknowledge others by name and greet them with eye contact and a smile.
- Listen attentively to fully understand.
- Be compassionate, sensitive and responsive to needs and concerns.
- Demonstrate courtesy, respect, and kindness.
- Provide encouragement and positive reinforcement.
- Pursue innovation and technology in our service culture.
- Let ideas challenge our desires to continually deliver exceptional service.
- Support partnerships that elevate our service and values.
DIVERSITY [Stand united by embracing and respecting differences.]
- Provide an environment where each individual feels valued and respected.
- Make a commitment to understand other people's differences.
- Take a genuine interest in others.
- Relate to and work with others constructively.
- Demonstrate flexibility in handling customer's individual needs
INTEGRITY [Inspire trust through highest standards of behavior that reflects honesty, responsibility, and fairness.]
- Do the right thing, the right way, all the time.
- Honest interaction with others.
- Accept responsibility and be accountable.
- Use information and equipment for purpose intended and ensure that they are protected and secured.
- Let your actions show others they can trust you.
EXCELLENCE [Provide a superior experience with every contact.]
- Go the extra mile and strive to exceed expectations.
- Anticipate customer needs and deliver with a personal touch.
- Acknowledge and address problems promptly and effectively.
- Continuously seeks opportunities for improvement.
- Pure determination to deliver the highest quality and value possible through simple, easy and relevant solutions.
TEAMWORK [Achieving together through combined individual contributions and cooperation.]
- Communicate clearly and concisely, listening and providing constructive feedback.
- Understand the common goal and contribute towards its completion.
- Encourage new ideas and consider other’s opinions.
- Be trustworthy and dependable.
- Recognize and manage the emotions of self and others.
In 1984, a group of community leaders recognized the need to attract physicians to the Metro-East of the St. Louis Metropolitan area, which had been devastated by closed factories, two decades of chronic unemployment, decreasing property values, and accompanying societal ills. SIHF Healthcare, then called Southern Illinois Healthcare Foundation (SIHF), opened its first site in Centreville on January 7, 1985 with a physician, a nurse, and a director. Today, we serve 1,100-plus patients each day with open arms and a dedication to providing compassionate, comprehensive and efficient care.
Community collaboration has been the key to our organization's success. We have fostered a dynamic approach to caring that includes shared staff, coordinated services and a joint approach to community problems.
- SIHF was established through the efforts of local and regional leaders to address the rapid decline in primary care and specialist providers in the greater East St. Louis area.
- Opened in January of 1985 in Centreville on the campus of Centreville Township Hospital in a shared facility with the local health district.
- In 1992, we constructed and opened our second location in East St. Louis.
- Established the area’s only walk-in clinic.
- Transitioned Centreville Township Hospital to Touchette Regional Hospital as a controlled affiliate of SIHF at the request of regional and community leadership.
- Constructed and opened a new center in Centreville in 1994 that focused on women’s and children’s healthcare.
- Opened additional quick cares and health centers to bring the total access points to five locations.
- Received funding from the Kellogg Foundation to improve vaccination compliance among children.
- Because of our success in growing strong partnerships, SIHF was recognized as a Models At Work program in 1996.
- Opened first non-St. Clair County location in Alton at the request of the local BJC hospital and visiting nurses group to transition a free clinic into an FQHC.
- Successful transition of Alton location leads to rural expansions in coordination with BJC in Vandalia and Salem.
- Became a Healthy Start grantee in 1997 to improve birth outcomes in the Metro East.
- Opened school-based locations, first in East St. Louis and then in Cahokia.
- Created a partnership with Southern Illinois University Dental School, Illinois Children’s Healthcare Foundation and Touchette to create a sedation dentistry program for children. In addition, SIHF provided onsite training for SIU dental students at three locations.
- Opened 12 new locations across central and southern Illinois.
- Established a mobile health program to serve the migrant population and homeless shelters.
- Partnered with St. Elizabeth’s Hospital in Belleville, Saint Louis University and the United States Air Force to support the continuance and growth of the local family medicine residency.
- Renovated and expanded Alton Women’s, Salem, Bethalto, West Belleville, Windsor Health, Belleville Pediatrics, Effingham and State Street health centers.
- Built a replacement facility for McKinley Health Center in Granite City.
- Partnered to build and open a senior independent facility in East St. Louis.
- Created an Emergency Room diversion location on the campus of St. Elizabeth’s named PrimeTime.
- Integrated Dental services into six additional locations.
- Partnered with SIU School of Pharmacy to integrate pharmacists into three locations to assist with medical therapy management services. Also integrated the direct provision pharmacy services into three locations.
- Partnered with WellSpring (now Centerstone) in Alton to integrate a primary care provider inside of its community mental health facility.
- Integrated Behavioral Health services in more locations to bring the total integrated locations to 16.
- Funded through the Health Resources and Services Administration, the Department of Health and Human Services, and the state of Illinois to deploy navigation services across our region.
- Partnered with Touchette and St. Elizabeth’s to spearhead a new Behavioral Health & Wellness Center providing expanded inpatient and outpatient services. The intent is to create a regional hub for the design of integrated protocols for primary care and behavioral health.
- Established a strong and growing partnership with LifeLinks (a community mental health entity) to further the integration and expansion of healthcare services across the SIHF footprint.
- Opened a third independent senior housing facility in Belleville with our housing partner.
- Opened the Red Bud Health Center.
- Completed renovations and opened a newly expanded Charleston Health Center.
- Renovated and merged Adult Care Center and Mother & Child Center into Centreville Health Center, a newly integrated facility.
- Opened a new Health Center in Collinsville and brought on Illini Family Medicine in Belleville, bringing our total number of locations to 30!