Pediatric Dental Care
Creating Healthier Smiles through Comfort and Care
At SIHF Healthcare, our dental team provides the highest quality of oral healthcare for your family. We complement our team of experts with state-of-the-art equipment and the latest technology to minimize any pain and maximize your comfort while in the dentist chair. For our dentists, care is more than simply fixing a dental problem. We take the time at every visit to educate patients and parents on the importance of preventative care at home, teaching good nutrition and proper oral hygiene practices.
We accept Medicaid and AllKids, making us one of the few health centers in Southern Illinois who treat kids who are too often denied the dental care they need.
Our pediatric dental care services include:
- Examinations and assessments
- Cleanings and fluoride treatments
- Restorative care, including fillings and crowns
- Sedation, including nitrous
- Special Needs Dentistry, a collaboration between the Southern Illinois University School of Dental Medicine (SIU/SDM), SIHF Healthcare and Touchette Regional Hospital, provides an affordable dental care option for children who require sedation or anesthesia in order for their dental procedures to be performed. For more information, call our Special Needs Patient Advocate at 618.332.2740, ext. 109.
Please note - SIHF Healthcare centers only provide pediatric dental services to patients between the ages of 2 and 21.
What You Can Expect at Your First Dental Visit
At your first appointment, please bring:
- Your insurance card
- A list of medications your child is currently taking
- Dental records from your previous dentist
To download a record transfer request, please click here.
Once your child is checked in, you’ll be called to the clinical area for the visit. Here, our dental assistants will take x-rays, clean your teeth and apply a fluoride treatment. After the dental assistant is done, your dentist will do a full examination of your teeth, gums, and mouth. Finally, your dentist will go over your plan of care. He or she will let you know if additional dental work is needed, such as fillings or caps, and will discuss your next steps.
Find the nearest SIHF Healthcare pediatric dental location to schedule an appointment today: